Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wisdom Teeth are so stupid!

I know, it's been forever. Don't ask why I feel the need to apologize for being away from my Blog for too long. It's not like I have a following of internet lovers who live their lives hung on my every entry, but still. I know I haven't been making time for 'bloggin' which means there are many many things I'm probably not making enough time for. Welcome to my life.

First off, excuse me for any crazy insane misspellings or grammar problems with this entry. I'm currently on vicodin every 3 hours and when I mix it with the perscribed, of course, 800mg ibuprofen- things get very fuzzy. I had my wisdom teeth taking out on Wednesday. Shoot me in the face- it freaking hurts like hell. I just want it to end.

Before doing this extraction, I toured St. Thomas More, our Catholic' parish's private elementary school. I must say that I did love it. It was very structured, very smart, very small. While walking through the doors, I turned to my husband and said, 'my one question for my kid is 'does he have less chance of being shot by a gun in a private school?' If so, it was worth the money to send him there. Kindergarten starts out at about 4000 dollars. Yippee. However, adding Religion and values to his day means a lot to me as I think this is the most important thing a person can do for a child- build education and a relationship with God. However, I hope it doesn't push him away from God. I've seen this happen often in this type of setting.

Ethan is doing wonderful despite the fact that I'm pretty sure his preK is full of morons. They've taught him nothing about writing the alphabet or sounds, or phonics. I've had enough. After my surgery, while still numb, I went out to Holcomb's school supplies and bought him stuff to practice. I guess this knowledge will come from me and not his Pre-K. At least being in some type of school environment has introduced him to social skills. We are always complimented on his polite behavior. I just need him to focus.

I blame television and in my rant, I've banned the twins from watching anything that didn't have big bird or Elmo in it. It's funny with your second child, you always try to do better than your first (in my case, my second and third child). So Ethan had television and is quite more attached than he should be- the twins will have little of this.

Ethan has a best friend in our new neighbor, Kyle, and his older sister Hannah. I love them. They are polite and nice and wonderful. Ethan comes home and studies with me for half an hour every day and then out he goes into the yard to play until dinner. He's very happy here.

I know that I should be happy at this point. I have everything I want. A home, Beautiful kids, an adoring husband, a great view, a great career. I am happy. I have no complaints, however, I don't feel like this is our home yet. I don't know why. Richard feels like it is. He's been working his ass off on this house for months and months and it's in such a great condition now thanks to him, but yet... it's too good to be true. And usually when I feel this way. Life comes to a hault. I'm trying to trust that God is leading me down the right path.

Lauren, Shanna, and George and some friends are coming over tonight. The one great thing about this life is the amount of time I'm spending with my friends. We have a bonfire in the yard about once or twice a week and enjoy the hell out of each other's company. It's a blast.

I read Twilight and New Moon yesterday. Both 500 page books each. That's what happens when I get bored.

The painkillers are getting stronger and stronger at this point. I must retire.

No comments: