Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Koala Update



Remember in my last entry that whole ‘Ask God and you shall receive?’ Well God came through in a big way just like I knew he would. I’m so thrilled. Richard has some promising prospects in the exact field and exact company he wanted to work for, and he may have to start a bit further down the ladder than he wanted but he graduates in 2 months and when he does- he’ll be working his way up. So – it’s really been great for me the past couple days and I might get this damn cranky koala bear off my back very soon.

In the mean time, we are preparing for Mary and Peter’s wedding in 1 month in Atlanta. I’m wicked excited about it. Lauren has graciously and wonderfully offered to watch the twins for the weekend, proof that I’ll probably have to actually give my next child to her, and we will be taking Ethan with us. So Richard is best man at Peter’s wedding. It makes sense. If my husband and I hadn’t eloped – Peter would have undoubtedly been Richard’s except that instead we lied and told him we were visiting a friend in the hospital and he got to babysit Ethan for a couple hours while we ran out into the night and eloped in a shack in the country (IT’s a long story- I’ll tell you later) So it was kind of like Peter got to be Richard’s best man. He did entrust our child with him during those sacred hours when I became Mrs. LE- well you know. Richard is terrified of making public speeches. I mean he would rather fight the giant Ant in ‘Honey I Shrunk the Kids’ starring Rick Moranis than to make a short speech dedicated to his best friend. I absolutely love Mary and they really are perfect together. I think they will be very happy. Mary is like the quintessential wife. She’s going to be peferct. She’s a great cook (Supposedly makes a mean truffle… Although I have yet to taste it but I’ve heard stories) and she’s up at dawn every day just so she can have ‘a few moments to herself.’ It’s not anything like me where I roll out of bed 15 minutes before I have to be on the highway and yell at Ethan to get up, and I don’t care if his pants don’t fit and don’t forget to brush your teeth, ‘come here and let me brush them right- DON’T SWALLOW THE TOOTHPASTE! YOU HAVE TO SPIT SON, SPIT! Let’s go you can sleep in the car.’

So Peter and Mary. They love the joke where every time I see them- I insist they name their first son Paul.

Britney in Columbus is happening next Thursday. First off- I’m so excited I could scream. It’s not that I am so crazy about Britney. It’s not that really at all. It’s that I was never allowed to go to a concert until I started 9th grade and the first concert ticket that I ever got the pleasure of owning was to Britney Spears. She was new, still playing fairs basically (and Kings Island where I saw her) and Lauren and I got tickets. The problem was that it fell on the first night of the Varsity football game and because we were cheerleaders – Friday nights were strictly for Varsity football games –nothing else. Well Lauren and I made up a serious life or death excuse to miss the game. The other problem being that another girl on our squad won the ‘Britney look alike’ contest at the mall and she got free tickets for 4 friends so she was taking the rest of the cheerleaders with her so they had to come up with excuses. That was the year that there were no freshman cheerleaders at the first Varsity game of the year. I don’t know if the coach ever figured it out but I will say that Lauren and I had better seats than Emily (who I love and won the contest) so it made whatever punishment that was inflicted on us totally worth it. We, by the way, bought our tickets from a band member who refused to miss his first halftime marching band experience.’ Oh boy did he miss out being just a few rows back from one of the biggest stars in history albeit whatever kind of trailer trash she turned into – it didn’t matter. We always win with Britney.

So a Britney Spears concert has always held a special place in my heart and I get to go again with Lauren again… and it’s like 10 (holy crap!) 10 years ago when we saw her for the first time. The first concert. One of the greatest memories I have… and my life has come full circle. Forgive me if I shed a tear… Will we wear matching outfits again? I can’t say for sure… but it will be awesome to a maximum amount.

My boys are doing great. Maddox and Mason are such little cuddle monsters. I love them. Other than that- it’s pretty boring. Ethan had had 2 bad reports from school in the last 2 weeks. Since he started school (3 years ago he’s been in a structured school environment in the morning and day care in the afternoon) he’s only had 2 bad reports total and now this. I’m so upset with him. So yesterday he had a ton of homework that I dropped on him and he wasn’t allowed to play with Kyle, watch TV, have any snacks except dinner, and a promise of no birthday party if he gets another this week. Hopefully I got through to him.
(On a side note with Ethan – we still have not had a Tball practice. His first game is next Friday and he doesn’t even know what a base is. It’s rained every single Monday since Tball season started. This is already going to be awesome- I can tell.) I’m so sick of rain…

No comments: